Who would you prefer to acquire Reason Studios?

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.

Who would you prefer to acquire Reason Studios?

Poll ended at 23 Feb 2023

Inmusic (AKAI, Alesis, Air, BFD, Sonivox, M-Audio)
1%
Soundwide (Native Instruments, iZotope, Plugin Alliance, Brainworx)
4%
Yamaha (Steinberg, Line 6)
9%
Presonus (Studio One, Splice)
10%
IK Multimedia (Sampletank, T-Racks, Amplitude)
No votes
Image-Line (FL Studio, UVI)
3%
Apple (Logic, Garage Band)
21%
Bitwig
12%
Ableton (Live, Max4Live)
9%
EastWest (EWQL, and others)
No votes
Spectrasonics (Omnisphere)
No votes
Avid (ProTools)
No votes
Behringer
4%
Roland
6%
Cockos (Reaper)
6%
Other (please specify)
15%

Total votes: 78
moalla

23 Feb 2023

PhillipOrdonez wrote:
23 Feb 2023
DJMaytag wrote:
17 Feb 2023

The OP is pretty anti-Reason, and rarely has anything positive to say. Why he’s here is beyond me…
Is he? I haven't noticed.
I don't think so either, but good easy peasy
At all their users and makers, who is right who is wrong, better smoke the next song :lol:
nice sunny day folks
https://soundcloud.com/user-594407128
Reason12.5, Yamaha EG112, Ibanez PF10, RhythmWolf, Miniak, Ipad+SparkLE
SE2200t :arrow: VAS micpre MOTO:better repair-mod well made stuff than buy the next crap

avasopht
Competition Winner

23 Feb 2023

The reason for this thread is that acquisition is the name of the game.

Akai would have been dead in the water if they weren't part of InMusic. But now they get to partner with Air Music, who also would have been dead in the water if they had to stand on their own two feet.

Logic would have gone the same way as Sonar (other that other dead DAW whose name I can't remember) without Apple.

FLStudio and lots of others are exploiting past acquisitions to buff up their offerings.

Reason is a strong offering, but you're finding a move towards much more complete solutions. Many music makers want the sense of a one stop shop where, while they'll still buy other plugins, they'd still have pretty much everything covered with at a mid tier price point (along with straight forward modern bread and butter sounds with a workstation like organisation and selection of tones, etc).

That's sort of what they were going for with Reason+.

There's also another aspect to this question. I'd love to see Reason exploiting its strengths.

Rack extensions can be immediately ported to workstation keyboards. They can offer that with a £10-20 SOC.

There are lots of unique strengths and possibilities that are pretty exclusive to Reason.

sdst
Competition Winner

23 Feb 2023

Behringer and plugin alliance

DJMaytag

23 Feb 2023

PhillipOrdonez wrote:
23 Feb 2023
Is he? I haven't noticed.
I’ve stated my opinion on the matter. I have nothing more to say.

QVprod

23 Feb 2023

avasopht wrote:
23 Feb 2023
There's also another aspect to this question. I'd love to see Reason exploiting its strengths.

Rack extensions can be immediately ported to workstation keyboards. They can offer that with a £10-20 SOC.

There are lots of unique strengths and possibilities that are pretty exclusive to Reason.
I believe that's what they're trying to do with the plugin. It's a decent rack of instrument and fx. Not too different than Komplete or the IK multimedia stuff.

Porting to workstations though, perhaps not so much. Those are still pretty archaic in design save for the Korg Nautilus maybe.

avasopht
Competition Winner

23 Feb 2023

DJMaytag wrote:
23 Feb 2023
I’ve stated my opinion on the matter. I have nothing more to say.
You have nothing to say.

You are not a psychologist.

You have made an accusation (and a baseless one at that).

Your accusation is a reflection of your combined knowledge and aptitude.

But if this is what brings purpose to your life, who am I to mock you for it?

That being said, this is bad forum etiquette (and unmistakably anti-social). Persistent false accusations are a recognized form of abuse (according to modern psychology).

This isn't a matter of opinion. I have thousands of forum posts that prove your claims to be irrefutably false. Since you've been adequately informed of this, the only valid conclusion is that you are intentionally lying to antagonise.

There are no other valid opinions about this as my post history is irrefutable proof that you are lying. Hence why it is trivial for forum administrators to know for certain that you are intentionally lying and trolling by means of deliberate mischaracterisation.

Manipulative and abusive people use it often because it is typically hard to articulate or moderate. But in this case, I have thousands of posts in this forum, and other forums proving your claims to be false (as well as the fact I've run music production workshops using Reason and have had two NGOs install Reason/Record on my recommendation).

Since you persist to make these false accusations that are provably false, your actions must be considered to be intentional psychological abuse.

EnochLight

23 Feb 2023

Alright, I think this thread has ran it's course - the poll is apparently ended anyway. Locking for now.

Mod note: @DJMaytag - I saw no signs of "trolling" whatsoever, so not sure where that came from. @avasopht - maybe consider using the friend/foe feature of the forum. Click on DJMaytag's username and hit "add foe".
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

• Information