Reason 11.4 Feature Request - MIDI Device selection

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
Troublemecca

06 May 2021

To be able to set which midi-device is controlling whichever instrument FROM the rack interface. It is ridiculous that I have to switch to the sequencer window to do this. Or am I ridiculous, because that functionality always existed and I missed it?

deeplink
Competition Winner

06 May 2021

I mean, you know you can click on the little blue icon don't you?
Attachments
midi.PNG
midi.PNG (36.37 KiB) Viewed 945 times
Get more Combinators at the deeplink website

lowtom

06 May 2021

I would love to have ability to MIDI map the selection of each separate device, like it is done in Ableton Live.
:reason: :refill: :re:

Troublemecca

06 May 2021

deeplink wrote:
06 May 2021
I mean, you know you can click on the little blue icon don't you?
:clap:

electrofux

07 May 2021

The blue arrow certainly works but it creates a Midi Track for every device you click on. For simple controller allocation there should be a different approach that doesnt clutter your sequencer with tracks. EG "lock controller to selected rack device" as a remote item.

rmtcvolte

07 May 2021

electrofux wrote:
07 May 2021
The blue arrow certainly works but it creates a Midi Track for every device you click on. For simple controller allocation there should be a different approach that doesnt clutter your sequencer with tracks. EG "lock controller to selected rack device" as a remote item.
Right click on the device in the rack and click "Lock ..your controler..to This Device", one more point to add to the remote reason document wishlist.

electrofux

08 May 2021

rmtcvolte wrote:
07 May 2021
electrofux wrote:
07 May 2021
Right click on the device in the rack and click "Lock ..your controler..to This Device", one more point to add to the remote reason document wishlist.
From a workflow perspective this would be the best thing. The user wants to use a rotary on his midi controller to control a parameter in Reason. Pressing the button right next to it in order to lock his controller to that reason device is alot more fluid than getting to the mouse right click and look for the right entry in the pretty long context menu.

Being able to navigate the rack via remote aka "select next/previous rack device" + "lock/unlock controller to rack device" and it would be perfect. I think Ableton does have this option (lock controller in place)

There are times when the user primarily uses the mouse and then the Reason mouse workflow must be good. And there are times when the user concentrates on performing/playing/modifying his music and there the midi workflow must be good and back and forths should be minimized imho.

• Information