Black Friday 2020 Sale

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
antic604

01 Dec 2020

estuary wrote:
01 Dec 2020
Such bad timing for me
I tried Jiggery-Pokery Sound Steerpike BBD Delay Ensemble, because it was on sale.
After one hour I found that it was awesome Rack EX... decided to buy it, go to the page ... sale has ended :puf_unhappy:
I'm pretty sure there's gonna be another one around Christmas / New Year
Music tech enthusiast.
DAW, VST & hardware hoarder.
My "music": https://soundcloud.com/antic604

arqui

01 Dec 2020

this is the first year that I did not buy anything !!! There were interesting things, but they were not totally necessary, I was disappointed with the iZotope offers, the truth was I expected some things that were not on offer, I will wait for Christmas!
      Reason 11 Suite, perpetual license :reason:

Arjanders

01 Dec 2020

estuary wrote:
01 Dec 2020
Such bad timing for me
I tried Jiggery-Pokery Sound Steerpike BBD Delay Ensemble, because it was on sale.
After one hour I found that it was awesome Rack EX... decided to buy it, go to the page ... sale has ended :puf_unhappy:
I'm not sure if it's only me, but I can say that my judgment if something is worth buying is affected because of the lower price. I get more hyped about it. And later on I do have to conclude I don't use it really much at all. I had a similar situation before. I trailed a device and did not buy it although I wanted it. The next sale I did buy it, but it didn't connect at all anymore.

iamthor4

01 Dec 2020

Arjanders wrote:
01 Dec 2020
estuary wrote:
01 Dec 2020
Such bad timing for me
I'm not sure if it's only me, but I can say that my judgment if something is worth buying is affected because of the lower price. I get more hyped about it. And later on I do have to conclude I don't use it really much at all. I had a similar situation before. I trailed a device and did not buy it although I wanted it. The next sale I did buy it, but it didn't connect at all anymore.
yeah im learning , that sometimes i buy things and i listen to videos then i play with presets etc and im thinking yaah bad boy ill have this
then after i buy the hype of having something is gone then i look at it again down the line and i think why the ffing hell did i buy that old crap😂

txh003

01 Dec 2020

The Black Friday sale was very tempting, and I almost upgraded Reason from version 7. However, I ultimately decided to hold off until version 12 is available.
:reason: :record: :recycle: :rebirth: :reload: :re: :refill:

Tiny Montgomery

02 Dec 2020

Oh dear I gave in and got the Arturia FX collection. It was an existing customer offer of 99 euros and it was that compared to the regular price that tipped me over, probably don't need and I'd already got the plate reverb free last Xmas.

Although the only 3rd party compressor I had (apart from NI Supercharger etc) was the free waves one Reason gave away this year, so maybe the 3 here will be nice to have and I'm going to play with the delays today. Also I've started filtering quite a lot for transitioning and colour so maybe those filters will be useful for different flavours from Ableton auto filter and Reason's Sweeper which I use now. Will be interesting to compare their delays to The Echo and the spring in Complex. I do love Ableton's Echo so let's see how they compare to that.

But really it was late Cyber Monday GAS justified by feeling sorry for myself as I'm on antibiotics right now with sore ear. Forced by nature to work & listen in mono this week :puf_unhappy:

Tiny Montgomery

02 Dec 2020

Actually I have Neutron & Ozone so I do have 3rd party compressors but they don't look all nice & cool like Arturias :thumbs_up:

DaveyG

03 Dec 2020

I bought nothing. Just not inspired this year, in oh-so-many ways.

lowtom

03 Dec 2020

I only bought RX950 vst on pluginboutique as I wanted Drumazon for free :)
:reason: :refill: :re:

MrFigg
Competition Winner

03 Dec 2020

lowtom wrote:
03 Dec 2020
I only bought RX950 vst on pluginboutique as I wanted Drumazon for free :)
RX950 was a total bargain even without the free Drumazon. Great RE.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

VariableX

03 Dec 2020

well i bought nothing, because I don't really need anything and have less and less time atm to do anything 🤷🏽‍♂️

• Information