Who is buying reason 11 tomorrow

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
Popey
Competition Winner

24 Sep 2019

One day to go and I was wondering who will be purchasing 11, what level and why. I am going for standard 11 to get vst rack. I already own what I want from suite so no value for me and may pick up scenic later if it is on sale during black Friday or a deal of the week.

MrFigg
Competition Winner

24 Sep 2019

Nope. Not even on Black Friday. Not even ever.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

Heigen5

24 Sep 2019

I'm getting it later, not tomorrow. I'm gonna buy a new audio interface, new Haix shoes and a new monitor screen before the Reason11.

borracho

24 Sep 2019

I'm buying standard. VST rack is amazing (played with beta - it changed my workflow already).
And I also really like all new effects.

Kilsane

24 Sep 2019

Hi
The version suite, because I can afford it, and also because I have other DAW and it's more interesting for me to have the VST version of Reason and be able to use my RE in the host vst reason to buy its same RE in VST format, but it's mostly for fun
Good day to all

Original tex french
Salut
La version suite, car je peux me le permettre, et aussi car je possede d'autre DAW et que c'est plus interressant pour moi d'avoir la version VST de Reason et pouvoir utiliser mes RE dans l'hote vst de reason que de racheter ses même RE au format VST , Mais c'est surtout par plaisir
Bonne jounée à tous

Last Alternative

24 Sep 2019

🗣Fuck no I’m not! They’re not getting a penny outta me until they fix all the bugs & workflow killers they ignored all these years. And maybe they’ll learn from the backlash this time and actually make it worth the next upgrade.
R11 = JUNK 👎
https://lastalternative.bandcamp.com
:reason: 12.7.4 | MacBook Pro (16”, 2021), OS Sonoma, M1 Max, 4TB SSD, 64GB RAM | quality instruments & gear

Noise
Competition Winner

24 Sep 2019

Only if suports VST3.
Right now I'm happy with version 10.
Last edited by Noise on 24 Sep 2019, edited 1 time in total.
Albums: BandCamp | Youtubz: Noise Channel
Projects: P1 Easy Remote Mapping | Personal Refill Sale Store: https://payhip.com/noisesystems | Title Generator! untitled.noiseshadow.com

tronam

24 Sep 2019

Not until AU support goes live, then yes to the full suite.
Music is nothing else but wild sounds civilized into time and tune.

TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner

24 Sep 2019

I'm getting the Suite option. And I'm really looking forward to it.
Do I need this upgrade? Not really. Am I gonna have fun with a bunch of new toys? Hell yes.
I just want to dive in and play around and write a bunch of music with the new stuff. Maybe I'll even start some sort of R11 Suite project for myself, focusing mainly on all the new REs.

The R11 standard upgrade itself might not be the best imo, but for me the upgrade coupled with some of the Suite devices makes it pretty interesting. This is my list of the things that makes the upgrade worth it:

Quartet Chorus Ensemble
Sweeper Modulation Effect
Master Bus Compressor (as a seperate device)
New workflow improvements
Scenic
Complex-1
Umpf Club Drums
Umpf Retro Beats
Reason Electric Bass
Layers Wave Edition

After some trialing I suspect the Umpf Club Drums will become my new go-to device for drums, which is kind of a big deal after using Kong for several years.

ShelLuser

24 Sep 2019

I'm not going to buy it but I hope to download it for free and see what it's all about :shock:

At first I plan on keeping 10 & 11 installed side by side (which should be easier than before, considering that 11 no longer has a rewire engine it needs to register) and then we'll see. I really wonder if the rack VST is going to be as versatile as they claim.

No suite for me either because I already own most of the RE's.
--- :reason:

Faastwalker

24 Sep 2019

Will wait a while until the dust settles & everyone else has found all the bugs.

Jagwah

24 Sep 2019

Hell no.

MrFigg
Competition Winner

24 Sep 2019

I said no above...but just to give further clarification of why though. The suite is awesome for those who have hardly any of the devices. And I know loads of people have said the same thing but I already own more than half of those devices...nearly three quarters actually. I know we’re not going to see a tiered upgrade. That’s just the way it is, no matter how much “the faithful and true” cry out. So nope..no upgrade. What a shame. Congratulations new users. You’re getting a bargain.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

Noiserunner

24 Sep 2019

I will buy the Suite, because I want some of the REs. So for me it is a no-brainer.
(MacBook Pro 13", some soft- and hardware)

tt_lab

24 Sep 2019

I'll wait. After the beta I find that although it brings some good things, it makes not difference to my workflow.
VST Rack is great, but actually as AU is not there yet and MPC Software ,where I planned to use it on and which doesn't have VST3 either, can't use it. Not planning in jumping DAWs so will wait til AU is out.
Also the pricing of Suite if I buy standard got me concern...

aeox
Competition Winner

24 Sep 2019

Suite. If I upgraded from 9 to 10 within the grace period, how much will suite be? Since there was no option to get suite when I bought it

way2cool

24 Sep 2019

I’m Buy it in then so I can became a best music artist to my family our village will became funner place to tourist when I play my musics here in street market then reason 11 can make my a lot of America money when I sale those presets, an refull that’s I been very busy making this year and I have e dream last night I will became a famous! I know reason make my family success my parents say me I play very much well in create some good sound from heaven with reason I sell my protool yesterday now I’m just reason consumer I buy me 10 2 maybe 3 week before today and get better eash day I love reason too much now ha sorry for my english, oh yes I forget about to tell you friends what make me go buy reason is accident I find in youtube during I try for a tutorial I type whats reason of high pich noise on my drum loop , then youtube share me a reason videos so cool
Last edited by way2cool on 24 Sep 2019, edited 1 time in total.

MrFigg
Competition Winner

24 Sep 2019

way2cool wrote:
24 Sep 2019
I’m Buy it in then so I can became a best music artist to my family our village will became fun place to tourist when I play my musics here in the market then reason 11 can make my a lot of America money when I sale those presets, an refull that’s I making this year and I made dream last night I will became a famous! I know reason make my family success my parents say me I play very much well in create good sound from heaven with reason I sell my protool yesterday now I’m just reason consumer I buy me 10 2 maybe 3 week before today and get better eash day I love reason too much now ha sorry for my english
Your English is great man :).
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

Loque

24 Sep 2019

aeox wrote:
24 Sep 2019
Suite. If I upgraded from 9 to 10 within the grace period, how much will suite be? Since there was no option to get suite when I bought it
This could have been a bad idea...
Reason12, Win10

MrFigg
Competition Winner

24 Sep 2019

Loque wrote:
24 Sep 2019
aeox wrote:
24 Sep 2019
Nah. Write to Props and tell them what happened. By the time it takes them to reply it’ll be Black Friday and you can just buy it on sale instead. Sorry, did that sound cynical?
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

way2cool

24 Sep 2019

I add few things in my letter to you on top bcos to make better meaning
yes we can do every thing in our brain with all the corage please donot stop those talent god give you, reason make me so happy I will mail reason team some gift in my deep thanks to him for this best daw one
Last edited by way2cool on 24 Sep 2019, edited 1 time in total.

Creativemind

24 Sep 2019

borracho wrote:
24 Sep 2019
I'm buying standard. VST rack is amazing (played with beta - it changed my workflow already).
And I also really like all new effects.
Even though you can't send midi to track for the players or copy loop to track for Dr.Octo.Rex loops?
:reason:

Reason Studio's 11.3 / Cockos Reaper 6.82 / Cakewalk By Bandlab / Orion 8.6
http://soundcloud.com/creativemind75/iv ... soul-mix-3

aeox
Competition Winner

24 Sep 2019

Loque wrote:
24 Sep 2019
aeox wrote:
24 Sep 2019
Guess I won't be getting suite :D

aeox
Competition Winner

24 Sep 2019

MrFigg wrote:
24 Sep 2019
Loque wrote:
24 Sep 2019

Nah. Write to Props and tell them what happened. By the time it takes them to reply it’ll be Black Friday and you can just buy it on sale instead. Sorry, did that sound cynical?
Couldn't I get a refund and then buy suite upgrade?

• Information