Recording Reason 10 through OBS

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
Grainnefahy

10 Jul 2019

Im trying to use OBS to record reason 10 also using voicemeeter banana. However when I enable voicemeeters virtual asio in preferences I can no longer get signal from my mic into my DAW anymore. Can anyone help me out here?

mjxl

11 Jul 2019

I can help you with that when i get home from work.

Grainnefahy

11 Jul 2019

Thank you, itd be much appreciated!

mjxl

11 Jul 2019

I'm on Windows 10s latest update, so stuff might vary slightly if you are not.
I use ASIO AUX as the Audio card driver in Reasons preferences.
In OBS i use "Speakers", this would be the same device as your default output in VoiceMeeter (A1)

Here is my VoiceMeeter setup, i normally send VAIO/AUX to either speakers or headphones, but I added VB-A Point because I didn't recall how i had OBS setup before (updates argh).
On VAIO and Microphone pick either A1 or B2 to route them to main output or Reason respectively. (so here my Mic goes to OBS (default output), but swapping to B2 would make it go through Reason)
VoiceMeeter.png
VoiceMeeter.png (176.89 KiB) Viewed 1544 times
In Windows' audio settings, it's pretty much all defaulted, I only send Discord (voip) directly out to my headphones, everything else goes through VoiceMeeter to either speakers or headphones. This way I can level everything in one go when I talk with other people online.
WinSet.png
WinSet.png (46.35 KiB) Viewed 1544 times
Audio track in Reason:
VMAudioTrack.png
VMAudioTrack.png (62.38 KiB) Viewed 1544 times

tiger jackson

11 Jul 2019

Do you have an audio interface?
I had a similar issue, getting my hardware synths into OBS. After hours of trying to figure out software, i solved it the hardware way. I got a dual 1/4 to a single 1/8 adapter. The two quarter inch went into the back of my scarlett 18i20, and the 1/8th end went into the back of my PCs motherboard mic input. Worked like a charm, don't think I have had any issues.

The orange/white are the cable, it goes to the 1/8 into the back of my pc

RequiemMachine

06 Sep 2019

tiger jackson wrote:
11 Jul 2019
Do you have an audio interface?
I had a similar issue, getting my hardware synths into OBS. After hours of trying to figure out software, i solved it the hardware way. I got a dual 1/4 to a single 1/8 adapter. The two quarter inch went into the back of my scarlett 18i20, and the 1/8th end went into the back of my PCs motherboard mic input. Worked like a charm, don't think I have had any issues.

The orange/white are the cable, it goes to the 1/8 into the back of my pc
Didn’t even think of this, since I’ve never touched the onboard audio on my mobo. Good call.
Reason+ / Ableton Live / VCV Rack 2 pro
Producer/Artist of Sasquatch Cloaking Technology
Musican ~ Illustrator ~ Professional Napper

• Information