Downloading Reason Update

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
Mr. Watts

09 May 2018

So I was excited yesterday to see the new reason update become available. While in Reason it said that the update was something like 185MB. I live in a rural area so internet connection can be dodgy. Took me 3 attempts to successfully download the update but it finally was able to complete. After I restarted Reason so the new updates could install, a window popped up saying I need to download an additional 2700 MB of content in order for the install to complete. This is damn near impossible with my current living situation. Extremely annoyed that Propellerhead would set this up so that I can't update (or even use Reason 10 for that matter) without downloading over 2 gb of factory content that I will probably never use. Now every time I click on the Reason 10 icon to use R10, that pop up comes up and I have the option to DL or quit. I've been trying since yesterday and have had no luck. Doesn't help that if you lose internet connection for a second the whole download has to start over. Furtherst I've gotten is 672 MB. I understand this is a circumstantial incident, but now I have clients coming to record on Saturday and may have to cancel just because I am unable to download some factory content that I will never use. Why can't it just go through with the update and I can download the factory content when and if I decide I even want it. Annoyed.

deepndark

09 May 2018

The only times for me to be able successfully donwloading Reason updates have been disabling either my firewall or antivirus softwares. Disabling them while downloading, have leaded me to be able to downloading em.

Loque

09 May 2018

Mr. Watts wrote:
09 May 2018
So I was excited yesterday to see the new reason update become available. While in Reason it said that the update was something like 185MB. I live in a rural area so internet connection can be dodgy. Took me 3 attempts to successfully download the update but it finally was able to complete. After I restarted Reason so the new updates could install, a window popped up saying I need to download an additional 2700 MB of content in order for the install to complete. This is damn near impossible with my current living situation. Extremely annoyed that Propellerhead would set this up so that I can't update (or even use Reason 10 for that matter) without downloading over 2 gb of factory content that I will probably never use. Now every time I click on the Reason 10 icon to use R10, that pop up comes up and I have the option to DL or quit. I've been trying since yesterday and have had no luck. Doesn't help that if you lose internet connection for a second the whole download has to start over. Furtherst I've gotten is 672 MB. I understand this is a circumstantial incident, but now I have clients coming to record on Saturday and may have to cancel just because I am unable to download some factory content that I will never use. Why can't it just go through with the update and I can download the factory content when and if I decide I even want it. Annoyed.
I always thought my internet connection is damn slow, but i heard things like this pretty often in the last time. I think a hint on the additional 3GB would had been nice. Wondering how you guys live with Windows10, which does nothing else than downloading gb of updates every day (feels like...).
Reason12, Win10

4filegate

10 May 2018

Loque wrote:
09 May 2018
Wondering how you guys live with Windows10, which does nothing else than downloading gb of updates every day (feels like...).
3 hours after the installation of 10.1 update on Windows10 computers, PH-Headquarters would like to inform us about the updates by e-mail. That's far too much.

buddard
RE Developer

10 May 2018

Mr. Watts wrote:
09 May 2018
I think it might be better for you to download the full installer via BitTorrent instead, as it doesn't have to start over if the connection goes down. You need to install a BitTorrent client on your computer first, something like uTorrent for example.

Ixus

11 May 2018

The torrent version is a big time saver for me with slow and sometimes unstable internet. Im really glad they have that option :)

Mr. Watts

14 May 2018

Hey everyone thanks for the input. I will see how the torrent version works out. Fortunately I was able to reinstall R8 in time to not miss out on any business. Really appreciate the help!

miscend

15 May 2018

I believe they used to tie Reason to the soundbank for piracy reasons. But that’s not needed anymore, it should be an optional extra.

kinkujin

14 Jan 2019

Sorry to resurrect the old thread but, trying to solve the same issue that I had this weekend. Is the bitTorrent thing safe to use? For some reason I'm wary of this? Thanks for any info!

-kinkujin

MrFigg
Competition Winner

14 Jan 2019

kinkujin wrote:
14 Jan 2019
Sorry to resurrect the old thread but, trying to solve the same issue that I had this weekend. Is the bitTorrent thing safe to use? For some reason I'm wary of this? Thanks for any info!

-kinkujin
Yes it is. :)
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

kinkujin

14 Jan 2019

Many thanks!

• Information