Poll - How Many Songs Have You Finished and Released in 2016?

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.

Poll - How Many Songs Have You Finished and Released Using Reason in 2016

Zero Songs Finished and Released
32%
1-4 Songs Finished and Released
22%
5-9 Songs Finished and Released
8%
10-19 Songs Finished and Released
11%
20+ Songs Finished and Released
9%
I Only Use Reason to Mix / Master Other People's Music
1%
I Only Use Reason for ReFill Creation or Sound Design
No votes
I Only Use Reason for Fun and Don't Intend to Write Finished Songs
1%
I Don't Write Songs, I Spend All My Time on ReasonTalk Talking About Reason
3%
I Use Reason Purely for Personal Enjoyment as a Hobby and Don't Intend to Release Any Songs
12%

Total votes: 74
Peter

01 Sep 2016

FlowerSoldier wrote:Good ones at that. pLansford bringin the fire.
MannequinRaces wrote:I had a quick listen to your latest on BandCamp Peter... very nice! Two personal album projects done already is awesome! Plans for even more this year?!
Thank you!

All of the Bandcamp stuff was done within a time frame of a year but only two of the albums count towards the actual calendar year! :puf_bigsmile:

I'm just refining things right now; learning and figuring out some technical aspects before hopefully producing stuff to submit to some personal favorite labels at the start of next year. I just bought a Subpac and it's A LOT of fun.

MannequinRaces

02 Sep 2016

WillyOD wrote:4 songs but this was January-April. Haven't done sh*t since.
Four songs is better than me! :)

MannequinRaces

02 Sep 2016

ProfessaKaos wrote:Yes, I should have at least a 13 track EP/Album released in the next couple of months. Possibly another 10 tracks EP aswell by the end of the year. Fingers crossed.
That's awesome! Question for you, when you write songs do you finish one before starting on another one?

MannequinRaces

02 Sep 2016

Peter wrote:Thank you! All of the Bandcamp stuff was done within a time frame of a year but only two of the albums count towards the actual calendar year! :puf_bigsmile: I'm just refining things right now; learning and figuring out some technical aspects before hopefully producing stuff to submit to some personal favorite labels at the start of next year. I just bought a Subpac and it's A LOT of fun.
Best of luck on that Peter! I'm unfamiliar what a Subpac is... is it hardware, software, something else entirely?!

MannequinRaces

02 Sep 2016

Creativemind wrote:Yeah and the 'x amount of songs finished but not released yet' option? that is me. Or the 'x amount of songs finished, not released as not happy with the overall production of them' option. I have a few fully finished songs (say 6) and some almost finished and tons half finished but I've used the Redrum for the drums on some and I'm waiting to record real drums on them and need a drummer to do so too. I also am only 50-70% happy with the production on the vast majority as I consider myself a novice in terms of production. I've been practicing 4 years and feel I should be better but could be worse.
We're all at different stages along the learning curve! :) I feel like I should have better skills myself but I'm going to keep working at it. I was running out of options for the poll or would have considered adding in a finished but not released answer (I imagine that the majority of us have a few sitting on the hard drive that are done but not released for one reason or another).

gak

02 Sep 2016

Please! I'm too busy trying to get the perfect guitar tone to finish a song. :roll:

MannequinRaces

02 Sep 2016

gak wrote:Please! I'm too busy trying to get the perfect guitar tone to finish a song. :roll:
Love it! How's that working out for you? :)

Peter

02 Sep 2016

MannequinRaces wrote:I'm unfamiliar what a Subpac is... is it hardware, software, something else entirely?!
Subpac = sub bass backpack! :)

ProfessaKaos

02 Sep 2016

MannequinRaces wrote:
ProfessaKaos wrote:Yes, I should have at least a 13 track EP/Album released in the next couple of months. Possibly another 10 tracks EP aswell by the end of the year. Fingers crossed.
That's awesome! Question for you, when you write songs do you finish one before starting on another one?
I would say I have the base idea of the song finished, so all the lyrics and vocals will be recorded and finished, the base idea of the production will be finished, but I will come back to it to do further production and the mix will be similar to the production. Sometimes I will add instruments later on, I've even change the whole instrumentation behind the vocal performance because I wasn't feeling what I had written before hand. I guess it depends on how my crazy mind is working at the time.
Reason 12 & 11.3 Suite PC- Windows 10, AMD Ryzen 9 5900x, Asus ROG CROSSHAIR Dark Hero VIII, 64GB G.Skill 3600C16 RAM, 980 Pro Samsung M.2, RTX3060.

https://soundcloud.com/juo-jual
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCwNLcE ... DjhSI16TqQ

8cros

03 Sep 2016

It would be great if there was a label Reason Talk Records.
Here people share their music.

My favorite activity, combining.
Here are the patches that I released this year:
Psyclid
Multi C
Level Flow lll
Chords Combinations

Combining unpopular. Many do not like the standard Reason devices.
People think that Reason effects, such as bad sound.
They think that filters the bad, bad unison, stereo imager, EQ, compressors, etc. So few people use combinators.
But in most cases Reason sounds great, because a lot of people wrong. :puf_bigsmile:
And I'll use combinators instead of Re.
Each design is a project. This Reason song file, and the patch.
Audio demonstration file, it is also the song. It is always a completed concept.
Let them simple and short. :redface:

*I Don't Write Songs, I Spend All My Time on ReasonTalk Talking About Reason :puf_unhappy:
Record For The Real Force
REASON RESONANCES

MannequinRaces

03 Sep 2016

The music sub-forum isn't too bad for sharing tunes and the Reason User FB group is fairly active. Sounds to me like you're a sound designer through and through! I love combinators personally and there are great refills out there utilizing them to their fullest. I like your patches, very nice!

• Information