Any sign of May Madness sale?

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
crimsonwarlock

17 May 2024

MrFigg wrote:
17 May 2024
Aaaa...I love Junos but I have a load of Juno Plugins...so I'm covered for Juno pads. Is it worth getting for other stuff too? (harpsichord aside)
Juno-ish is just a sonic reference, Zoetrope is definitely good for much bigger/different sounds as well. But to me, it is an ultimate pads machine. In any case, just trial it, I bought it after trialing it for, like, 15 minutes or such (and I already had most RE synths) :puf_wink:

As for that harpsichord thing, I even never looked at it in the shop, but man, that thing looks even uglier than it sounds. The only thing it would be good for is doing a cover of Golden Brown... and I don't do covers :lol:
-------
Analog tape ⇒ ESQ1 sequencer board ⇒ Atari/Steinberg Pro24 ⇒ Atari/Cubase ⇒ Cakewalk Sonar ⇒ Orion Pro/Platinum ⇒ Reaper ⇒ Reason DAW.

MrFigg
Competition Winner

17 May 2024

crimsonwarlock wrote:
17 May 2024
MrFigg wrote:
17 May 2024
Aaaa...I love Junos but I have a load of Juno Plugins...so I'm covered for Juno pads. Is it worth getting for other stuff too? (harpsichord aside)
Juno-ish is just a sonic reference, Zoetrope is definitely good for much bigger/different sounds as well. But to me, it is an ultimate pads machine. In any case, just trial it, I bought it after trialing it for, like, 15 minutes or such (and I already had most RE synths) :puf_wink:

As for that harpsichord thing, I even never looked at it in the shop, but man, that thing looks even uglier than it sounds. The only thing it would be good for is doing a cover of Golden Brown... and I don't do covers :lol:
Magic song though.
Yeah…I tried it last month and decided I didn’t need another synth (which I don’t) but you know.
Yeah the harpsichord is ugly as fxc but the real thing isn’t pretty either.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

crimsonwarlock

17 May 2024

MrFigg wrote:
17 May 2024
... decided I didn’t need another synth (which I don’t) but you know.
You always need 'another' synth :lol:

I'm going to upgrade to R13, just to get that Polysonic synthesizer :puf_bigsmile:
-------
Analog tape ⇒ ESQ1 sequencer board ⇒ Atari/Steinberg Pro24 ⇒ Atari/Cubase ⇒ Cakewalk Sonar ⇒ Orion Pro/Platinum ⇒ Reaper ⇒ Reason DAW.

MrFigg
Competition Winner

17 May 2024

crimsonwarlock wrote:
17 May 2024
MrFigg wrote:
17 May 2024
... decided I didn’t need another synth (which I don’t) but you know.
You always need 'another' synth :lol:

I'm going to upgrade to R13, just to get that Polysonic synthesizer :puf_bigsmile:
No, no, no...you're mixing synths up with guitar pedals. I always need another guitar pedal.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

crimsonwarlock

17 May 2024

MrFigg wrote:
17 May 2024
No, no, no...you're mixing synths up with guitar pedals. I always need another guitar pedal.
You already have all the pedals on the planet... twice :lol: You need more synths now :thumbup:
-------

luckygreen

18 May 2024

crimsonwarlock wrote:
17 May 2024
MrFigg wrote:
17 May 2024
is Zoetrope anything special?
You don't have that one yet? :o

For serious, that one has a definite sound of its own. It is my goto for juno-like pads. And it is dirt cheap now.

I do love all the SKP stuff. Sugar-Q and FAT50 are favorites too.
Thanks for the heads-up.

On my shopping list so far:
- SKP stuff (taking a closer look at
--- FAT50 Organic Character
--- Zoetrope Organic Synthesizer
--- Q-FX Quad Multi Effector
--- Sugar-Q Sweetening Equalizer)
- taking another look at PinkNoise Studio Rama Synthesizer
- considering Red Rock Sound Multiband Compressor
- and finally taking a closer look at both Reasonistas RE (SideChain ReAction Enveloper and CoreReLation Phase Analyser)

Keeping an eye on Quadelectra stuff, in particular their CV Suite RE. Do Quadelectra RE ever go on sale?
Reason 12 perpetual | Ableton Live 11 Suite
Lectric Panda Kompulsion, Nostromo, mDSQ, Shape | PinkNoise Maia Bundle | Reason Studios Objekt | Rob Papen Go2 | UJAM some RE | Synapse Audio AF-4, RE-160, Obsession | Andrew Russell Double Dry/Wet | Murf Valley Plateau

crimsonwarlock

18 May 2024

luckygreen wrote:
18 May 2024
Thanks for the heads-up.
You're welcome :puf_smile:
luckygreen wrote:
18 May 2024
Quad-FX is crazy. I just picked it up during the previous sale a few months back. All FX are available in every slot, so you can stack multiples of one FX as well.

Sugar-Q is still my goto for baxandal-type EQ, especially useful in a mastering chain. The currently free BXPRO550 EQ from Turn2on is also a baxandal EQ, so at least make sure you grab that one.
luckygreen wrote:
18 May 2024
It's on my whishlist as it has some interesting features, but I moved it to the back of the list due to the upcoming PolyTone synth in R13.
luckygreen wrote:
18 May 2024
- and finally taking a closer look at both Reasonistas RE (SideChain ReAction Enveloper and CoreReLation Phase Analyser)
I have both and both are great value. However, I don't use ReAction that much, as it is actually a rather complex device.
luckygreen wrote:
18 May 2024
Keeping an eye on Quadelectra stuff, in particular their CV Suite RE. Do Quadelectra RE ever go on sale?
They do sales sporadically. I was hoping for this sale, as I have 3Plex still on my wishlist.
-------

hamsterfactor

19 May 2024

Thanks for mentioning this! :thumbup:
crimsonwarlock wrote:
18 May 2024
Quad-FX is crazy. I just picked it up during the previous sale a few months back. All FX are available in every slot, so you can stack multiples of one FX as well.
:reason: Suite 11  |  :reason: 12 perpetual license  |  :re::refill: |  macOS Ventura  |  Mac Studio M1 Max

crimsonwarlock

20 May 2024

First time I'm actually regretting a RE purchase. I trialed Ekss TapeEcho in the past, but couldn't remember exactly why. So, I couldn't trial it now, and it is nicely priced this sale, so I bought it anyway. Have now played around with it and found that it is not that special and the additional chorus and reverb are pretty bad tmo. Well, that'll teach me about buying stuff without knowing it is any good :lol:

Needed another fix, so I grabbed Red Rock's American Equalizer Model B, as it is a different kind of EQ than most :puf_bigsmile:
-------

WaxTrax

20 May 2024

crimsonwarlock wrote:
20 May 2024
First time I'm actually regretting a RE purchase. I trialed Ekss TapeEcho in the past, but couldn't remember exactly why. So, I couldn't trial it now
This has happened to me before, too. What I started doing was if I ever trialled an RE but didn't buy it, I made sure to make some notes on what I liked and didn't like about it, what the price was, and whether or not I thought it was worth it, especially compared to things I already have. This helped me out later a few times when those REs would go on sale, and I couldn't remember offhand why I didn't buy them the first time.

That being said, I have way too many REs, several of which I didn't spend enough time with before buying, and I would not buy them now if I could do it over again. The cost of G.A.S. :lol: In fact, I think this is the first MM/BF since 2020 that I have not purchased anything!

crimsonwarlock

20 May 2024

WaxTrax wrote:
20 May 2024
That being said, I have way too many REs, several of which I didn't spend enough time with before buying, and I would not buy them now if I could do it over again. The cost of G.A.S. :lol: In fact, I think this is the first MM/BF since 2020 that I have not purchased anything!
I'm actually pretty picky about what I get. I only get REs that are adding something to my setup that I didn't have yet. In this case, it was the combination/integration with a chorus and a reverb, but especially that part didn't sound good to me. The tape-echo itself is decent, but nothing special tmo. Maybe if I spend more time with it, it'll grow on me. I will certainly do that, but right now, it doesn't impress me.
-------

strangers
Competition Winner

20 May 2024

crimsonwarlock wrote:
20 May 2024
First time I'm actually regretting a RE purchase. I trialed Ekss TapeEcho in the past, but couldn't remember exactly why. So, I couldn't trial it now, and it is nicely priced this sale, so I bought it anyway. Have now played around with it and found that it is not that special and the additional chorus and reverb are pretty bad tmo. Well, that'll teach me about buying stuff without knowing it is any good :lol:

Needed another fix, so I grabbed Red Rock's American Equalizer Model B, as it is a different kind of EQ than most :puf_bigsmile:
Unfortunately, I'm right there with you. I was hoping to grab Sadist because who doesn't need more saturation options? It turned out to be really underwhelming especially when A/B'ed against the stock Scream4. Aside from looking cool, it really doesn't bring anything new to the table. The Tape Echo did look interesting. Looks like I'll avoid that one, too.

Steedus
Competition Winner

20 May 2024

strangers wrote:
20 May 2024
crimsonwarlock wrote:
20 May 2024

Unfortunately, I'm right there with you. I was hoping to grab Sadist because who doesn't need more saturation options? It turned out to be really underwhelming especially when A/B'ed against the stock Scream4. Aside from looking cool, it really doesn't bring anything new to the table. The Tape Echo did look interesting. Looks like I'll avoid that one, too.
I will echo these thoughts on these 2 particular REs. While the majority of Ekss stuff is great (and I certainly don't regret supporting someone actually putting time and effort into keeping the RE format alive - I own probably 60-70% of his REs), I too never gelled with SADIST or TapeEcho. Despite all the options in SADIST I never seem to get the sound I'm after so go on to other devices.

Ottostrom

21 May 2024

I trialed TapeEcho and thought it sounded pretty good! But remembering that we're getting a delay/reverb unit in R13 made it feel kinda overkill to buy a new one right now.
Instead I bought Time Slider which I've wanted since it came out. I've always had a hard time justifying the price for such a simple feature which feels like it should already be in Reason to begin with (also being able to just move the audio clips by hand). But after using it yesterday while recording some guitar I'm now convinced it was the right move :)

steff3

21 May 2024

Funny, those are two of my go-to fx … tapeEcho is the first device I reach out for when I need a delay, and sadist my weight-adder ….

Ok, tapeEcho for me needs some setting up (always use it in combination with SPEM), and tweaking, but compared to others it has a limited number of params, maybe that is one of the reasons why I reach out for it …

Interesting how mileage varies.

moalla

21 May 2024

I‘m still looking to buy Revoicer,
don‘t need it so much but I‘m interested to trial it in a chain with soundtoys little alter boy for our band project.

Is it a good vocoder compared with BV-X or softubes vocoder?

https://www.reasonstudios.com/shop/rack ... coder-osc/
https://soundcloud.com/user-594407128
Reason12.5, Yamaha EG112, Ibanez PF10, RhythmWolf, Miniak, Ipad+SparkLE
SE2200t :arrow: VAS micpre MOTO:better repair-mod well made stuff than buy the next crap

dvdrtldg

21 May 2024

steff3 wrote:
21 May 2024
Funny, those are two of my go-to fx … tapeEcho is the first device I reach out for when I need a delay, and sadist my weight-adder ….

Ok, tapeEcho for me needs some setting up (always use it in combination with SPEM), and tweaking, but compared to others it has a limited number of params, maybe that is one of the reasons why I reach out for it …

Interesting how mileage varies.
Same. I use Tape Echo a lot (I really like the chorus!) and Sadist is a hot favourite

ekss
RE Developer

21 May 2024

Ottostrom wrote:
15 May 2024
I wonder why Reverb AK11 by Ekss is never included in these sales
Oh, thanks for pointing it out - I normally add all REs (except bundles since they are already kind of a permanent sale/discount)
AK11 must have just slipped my additions to the sale this time. I'll update the product page and submit today and hopefully it will be approved and published before the sale ends!

Edit: Product page submitted, now it just needs to get approved of admin.
I had set the starting date to the same as end date :redface: so changed it and set end date to 3rd of June (one week extension)

luckygreen

22 May 2024

crimsonwarlock wrote:
18 May 2024
luckygreen wrote:
18 May 2024
Thanks for the heads-up.
You're welcome :puf_smile:
luckygreen wrote:
18 May 2024

Sugar-Q is still my goto for baxandal-type EQ, especially useful in a mastering chain. The currently free BXPRO550 EQ from Turn2on is also a baxandal EQ, so at least make sure you grab that one.
luckygreen wrote:
18 May 2024
It's on my whishlist as it has some interesting features, but I moved it to the back of the list due to the upcoming PolyTone synth in R13.
luckygreen wrote:
18 May 2024
I have both and both are great value. However, I don't use ReAction that much, as it is actually a rather complex device.
luckygreen wrote:
18 May 2024
They do sales sporadically. I was hoping for this sale, as I have 3Plex still on my wishlist.
Some good advices. Thank you. And you are right. Looking at the things I probably going to spent money on -- R13 -- I decided to cut the budget for some rack extensions this time. Maybe next sale.
Reason 12 perpetual | Ableton Live 11 Suite
Lectric Panda Kompulsion, Nostromo, mDSQ, Shape | PinkNoise Maia Bundle | Reason Studios Objekt | Rob Papen Go2 | UJAM some RE | Synapse Audio AF-4, RE-160, Obsession | Andrew Russell Double Dry/Wet | Murf Valley Plateau

ambi

22 May 2024

crimsonwarlock wrote:
20 May 2024
I trialed Ekss TapeEcho in the past, but couldn't remember exactly why. So, I couldn't trial it now, and it is nicely priced this sale, so I bought it anyway. Have now played around with it and found that it is not that special and the additional chorus and reverb are pretty bad tmo.
Interesting story. I had the exact same experience with TapeEcho. Demoed it long time ago, couldn't really remember how it was, bought it anyway and was a little bit disappointed. Especially from the reverb :mrgreen:
But it looks great, so I won't complain :-)

crimsonwarlock

22 May 2024

ambi wrote:
22 May 2024
But it looks great, so I won't complain :-)
Admittedly, Ekks's layouts are the best of the bunch. His stuff looks spectacular. However, that level of graphics gives the idea that the actual algos inside are on the same level, which tmo they aren't. I was very impressed with the looks of Amalgam, but listening to the sound demos didn't impress me at all. I trialed several other synths from him, but never bought one. I have ES204 Filter Delay, and it is ok, but I don't use it that often.

The hard-hitters for me, sound-wise, are Red Rock, Turn2on, Skrock, SKP, and of course, the big boys like Synapse and Kuassa. Tmo, you can't go wrong with these. I have, most of their REs, and they are being used in every project here :thumbup:
-------

• Information