Reason history -- from the year 2000 till this day

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
Ichooselife

30 Aug 2023

jklok wrote:
30 Aug 2023
The EDM Piano Space Patch is a great place to start if you're looking for your own lush reverbs. Find some nice impulse responses yourself and you can create your own unique gigantic sounds from it.
?

EnochLight

30 Aug 2023

SebAudio wrote:
30 Aug 2023
I don’t know. A lot of software companies claim that their product is inspired by, modeled on whatever and a lot of people comment that it doesn’t sound like the reel thing, different, night and day…
I’m not rich enough to have owned the said products nor I’m intimate enough with Peter and Sean to know the truth.
Fair enough, and a lot has changed in the 20+ years since that DSP was written for RV7000, for sure. That said, I can attest that it does fairly great when it comes to the Lexicon 480L (used to have access to one of those in my buddy's studio), but admittedly it's been 20 years since I did a blind test. Between the tinnitus and age, I doubt I'd do well in any A/B test these days LOL! :lol:
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

robussc

30 Aug 2023

Reason 1.0 is missing the sequencer in the doc, so it seems like it just got a sequencer at V3!

And crazy that the only only synth in 1.0 was the Subtractor! Very early days indeed!
Software: Reason 12 + Objekt, Vintage Vault 4, V-Collection 9 + Pigments, Vintage Verb + Supermassive
Hardware: M1 Mac mini + dual monitors, Launchkey 61, Scarlett 18i20, Rokit 6 monitors, AT4040 mic, DT-990 Pro phones

SebAudio

31 Aug 2023

There hasn’t been « a lot » of synths in Reason before RE appeared, 12 years after Reason ‘s 1st release. Only 3.

luckygreen

01 Sep 2023

robussc wrote:
30 Aug 2023
Reason 1.0 is missing the sequencer in the doc, so it seems like it just got a sequencer at V3!

And crazy that the only only synth in 1.0 was the Subtractor! Very early days indeed!
True. I had bought ReBirth at the end of the 90s. Apart from the GUI and Sample-Mods, that were already out there, you only had two 303-inspired synth in ReBirth. Compared to ReBirth, having a "mighty" synth like Substractor in Reason 1 was a big step up.

Although Reason 1 was much more capable than ReBirth, it still was limited enough so that you did not feel overwhelmed by it's possibilities. As far as I'm concerned, I still like that minimal approach of Reason: sure, it has become much more capable, a full-blown DAW. But I like to look at the empty rack and think to myself: Don't load up any player or any modern stuff. Take a Redrum, a Matrix and a Substractor (maybe a Monotone) and start small and limited. So much fun.

I will see if I find a picture of the 1.0-sequencer.
Reason 12 perpetual | Ableton Live 11 Suite
Lectric Panda Kompulsion, Nostromo, mDSQ, Shape | PinkNoise Maia Bundle | Reason Studios Objekt | Rob Papen Go2 | UJAM some RE | Synapse Audio AF-4, RE-160, Obsession | Andrew Russell Double Dry/Wet | Murf Valley Plateau

dakta

01 Sep 2023

I'd be interested to see the old sequencer from 1.0/2.0 times, I barely remember it but remember being a bit concerned about the (*relatively) new sequencer but found the jump actually quite easy. Same also when I finally upgraded to 12 from 5, which had a fair bit of interface change - the jump looked a lot but quite natural.

Wondered how the old one would feel now :D

luckygreen

01 Sep 2023

Reason_1_DEMOs.jpg
Reason_1_DEMOs.jpg (129.38 KiB) Viewed 954 times
Reason_1_DEMOs.jpg by YT-Channel "a funny looking squash", https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xgsJFehgt8c

The sequencer window wasn't detachable. That made the whole program more of a portrait format experience. Optimized for 90° rotated monitor setups. :D
Reason 12 perpetual | Ableton Live 11 Suite
Lectric Panda Kompulsion, Nostromo, mDSQ, Shape | PinkNoise Maia Bundle | Reason Studios Objekt | Rob Papen Go2 | UJAM some RE | Synapse Audio AF-4, RE-160, Obsession | Andrew Russell Double Dry/Wet | Murf Valley Plateau

robussc

01 Sep 2023

luckygreen wrote:
01 Sep 2023

The sequencer window wasn't detachable. That made the whole program more of a portrait format experience. Optimized for 90° rotated monitor setups. :D
Ah there it is. That hardware interface definitely augured greater things to come!
Software: Reason 12 + Objekt, Vintage Vault 4, V-Collection 9 + Pigments, Vintage Verb + Supermassive
Hardware: M1 Mac mini + dual monitors, Launchkey 61, Scarlett 18i20, Rokit 6 monitors, AT4040 mic, DT-990 Pro phones

• Information