Do You Like To See Vectorial Reason?

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.

Do You Like To See Vectorial Reason?

Yes
50%
No
24%
Not Totally Vector but Some Device UI Upgrade
26%

Total votes: 46
boobytrap

11 Aug 2016

Untitled-1.jpg
Untitled-1.jpg (210.39 KiB) Viewed 2238 times
Reason 8 + Rack Extensions

FL Studio - Bitwig - Renoise - Massive - Zebra2 - Hive - Cyclop - Ozone 6

OverneathTheSkyBridg

11 Aug 2016

Ummm huh?

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk

Jolla

11 Aug 2016

we already have in reason vectorial eq on main mixer.

Отправлено с моего iPhone используя Tapatalk

8cros

11 Aug 2016

I would like to gif backdrops.
To draw lamps, indicators, and etc..
And 127 frames CV In, for modulation of animation. :D
Record For The Real Force
REASON RESONANCES

jonheal

11 Aug 2016

I'm surprised such a large percentage of the respondents are willing to dispense with the grunge-rich device visuals. I am in the minority.
Jon Heal:reason: :re: :refill:Do not click this link!

jonheal

11 Aug 2016

8cros wrote:I would like to gif backdrops.
To draw lamps, indicators, and etc..
And 127 frames CV In, for modulation of animation. :D
GIFs can contain only 256 colors.

KirkMarkarian

11 Aug 2016

Will it speed up performance? If so, yes. If no, then I do not want it.

jonheal

11 Aug 2016

I doubt rendering vectors requires significantly less CPU than bitmaps (unless the bitmaps are gigantic). What it would get you is infinite resizability. As much as I like the scratched up devices, I gotta admit, they are pretty tiny on my screen. Borderline too tiny for my decaying eyesight.

orthodox
RE Developer

11 Aug 2016

Vector graphics - never. I believe it's too slow for now and it would place unnecessary burden and restrictions upon developers.
More resolution - possibly. But I suspect there are still many native devices and REs that would need a redesign.

Some day, in ten years maybe, a 3D interface would be nice.

boobytrap

12 Aug 2016

joeyluck wrote:I suppose I am confused by the image in the first post...
I'm not an expert for render new design. that's was a quick trace of image.. try to symbolize vector !

boobytrap

12 Aug 2016

KirkMarkarian wrote:Will it speed up performance? If so, yes. If no, then I do not want it.
This is a kind of reason why people don't interest graphic improvements. There are more things to do first. I expect most of them say NO. DAW’s exist since long time like logic, Ableton, fl, Cubase, Pro Tools, Even Studio one (youngest) redesigned the UI time to time. Working with reason feels like real studio. Devices with CV & Audio routings. That’s why the UI stays long time with users. Like 20 years. But honestly I don’t think its stays another 20 years as same. After version or 2 this become notify. Maybe after 20 years

p.s. This UI thing even isn’t in my wish list..

KirkMarkarian

12 Aug 2016

boobytrap wrote:
KirkMarkarian wrote:Will it speed up performance? If so, yes. If no, then I do not want it.
This is a kind of reason why people don't interest graphic improvements. There are more things to do first. I expect most of them say NO. DAW’s exist since long time like logic, Ableton, fl, Cubase, Pro Tools, Even Studio one (youngest) redesigned the UI time to time. Working with reason feels like real studio. Devices with CV & Audio routings. That’s why the UI stays long time with users. Like 20 years. But honestly I don’t think its stays another 20 years as same. After version or 2 this become notify. Maybe after 20 years

p.s. This UI thing even isn’t in my wish list..
I think vector design is a fantastic idea in and of itself. I'm a graphic designer and I focus on vector design. That being said, any vector design work that I've created has caused system slowdowns more often than bitmap - because the computer has to calculate the graphic every time the screen moves (unless that has changed). The bitmap images get stored in cache and don't need to be recalculated in the same fashion. It's just a chunk of static data, less the knob positions.

When I work on animations, I use vector design and a 2 minute basic animation can cause my system to operate like its wearing a heavy weight. Slowly.

It's why most video games use bitmap images still - a small amount of data that requires little effort to recalculate.

Vyckeil

12 Aug 2016

I don't care about vectorial graphics per-se, I just want 4K compatibility and future resolution updates (8K and up) to be smooth and ready when it happens. Props could always keep the old graphics in a "legacy mode" for people that do care about the look and performance. But as it stands, Reason's graphic engine seems incredibly old and sluggish to me (just look at the meters). I understand that they want to have a stable and snappy experience, but for people that do have powerful computers and graphic cards, I would like the option.

Then again, I realize that Props have a lot on their plate, so it's not a priority (for me at least).

boobytrap

12 Aug 2016

Vyckeil wrote:I don't care about vectorial graphics per-se, I just want 4K compatibility and future resolution updates (8K and up) to be smooth and ready when it happens. Props could always keep the old graphics in a "legacy mode" for people that do care about the look and performance. But as it stands, Reason's graphic engine seems incredibly old and sluggish to me (just look at the meters). I understand that they want to have a stable and snappy experience, but for people that do have powerful computers and graphic cards, I would like the option.

Then again, I realize that Props have a lot on their plate, so it's not a priority (for me at least).
yes they can use current UI as Legacy Mode. and also they can completely redesign that 80's looking devices with rack into 2050 spaceship dashboard style. imagine if they upgrade UI whole Software (not RE), routing cables, mixer and sequencer. +Audio editing, workflow and other important all features, that'll make a huge blow in music industry.. that's a way to gain the lead with other DAW's.
otherwise if they stay with minor upgrades another 4 or 5 years, people will totally switch.

Props never do this. and it's too hard or impossible to expect !

Stranger.

12 Aug 2016

boobytrap wrote:. and it's too hard or impossible to expect !
Lol- if people have'nt noticed a lot of navigation is dynamically scaled-instrument and device thumbnails etc etc..

What is seen in the rack atmo is just a set of static images-including shadows,that scrolls up/down/left/right- i really can't tell why it's so difficult to implement different k resolutions & sizing by tommorow morning....

I think sound qaulity and functionality are a priority for any music making programme though. All the rest >is bells whistles and shiney thingz.
PH do seem to half bake their bread imo.*shrugz*.

boobytrap

12 Aug 2016

Stranger. wrote:
I think sound qaulity and functionality are a priority for any music making programme though.
every DAW got quality sounds. just tell me witch DAW got wired sounds ? this is very basic. in modern day every program give priority for Workflow and UI.. I see like the best depends on

Workflow x Performance & features x GUI = Class, best, quality

if one of these get 0, the answer is 0

Carly(Poohbear)
Competition Winner

12 Aug 2016

Vyckeil wrote: I just want 4K compatibility and future resolution updates (8K and up) to be smooth and ready when it happens.
What do you mean by that?

I run reason very happily on a 4k 49" Monitor...

Vyckeil

12 Aug 2016

Carly(Poohbear) wrote:
Vyckeil wrote: I just want 4K compatibility and future resolution updates (8K and up) to be smooth and ready when it happens.

Although I have a 40" monitor, not everyone has the space for it. A lot of the 4K monitors sold are between 27" and 32", and that's a very high DPI for Reason to be used comfortably. And when 8K happens, you're going to buy a 80" monitor to compensate? I hope you follow my logic.

jonheal

12 Aug 2016

Please, God, let it stop at 8K.

Carly(Poohbear)
Competition Winner

12 Aug 2016

Vyckeil wrote:
Carly(Poohbear) wrote:

Although I have a 40" monitor, not everyone has the space for it. A lot of the 4K monitors sold are between 27" and 32", and that's a very high DPI for Reason to be used comfortably. And when 8K happens, you're going to buy a 80" monitor to compensate? I hope you follow my logic.
Ah,so you are talking about scalability, a lot, like most apps\programs have that issue, but they could try and jump ahead of the issue.

Just wished they made use of the power of GPU in there processing...

joeyluck

12 Aug 2016

boobytrap wrote:
joeyluck wrote:I suppose I am confused by the image in the first post...
I'm not an expert for render new design. that's was a quick trace of image.. try to symbolize vector !
Ok. Gotcha. I was gonna say that zooming on my Mac currently is already way better lol.

joeyluck

12 Aug 2016

Are there any DAWs/software that allows free-scalability? Most of what I know is usually plugin dependent and usually they have set sizes of small, medium, large, etc. Could Reason's Rack simply be equipped to do just that? Could it be done without restarting?

Would it be worthwhile if it was something that required picking one size at startup/required restarting? Maybe you could have independent sizes for the front and back of the rack. I personally wouldn't mind having things larger in front. But I think in back, when dealing with the way devices interconnect, I'd like that to remain the size it is (if not, maybe be a little smaller). Then when I flip the rack back to the front, it's the larger view I had selected.

Of course, being able to choose sizes while in a session would be optimal... Just thinking ahead, shooting around ideas of what compromises might be doable.

But I do ok with zooming on Mac.
This is Nostromo full-screen on my MacBook Pro.

jonheal

12 Aug 2016

Carly(Poohbear) wrote:I run reason very happily on a 4k 49" Monitor...
So I assume you see nearly four racks on your monitor? I see about two if I collapse the Browser on my 1080p monitor.
joeyluck wrote:Are there any DAWs/software that allows free-scalability?
The stuff that has been vectorized in the later versions of FL Studio is resizable. As to what happens to when it is displayed on a 72 dpi monitor vs. a more hi-rez monitor, I don't know.

tobypearce

13 Aug 2016

I don't know whether this is the same thing, but I do wish Reason would look sharper on a very high resolution monitor. The browser and transport look ok but the graphics in the rack and mixer are definitely not as crisp as they could be.
https://onetrackperweek.com
One year - 52 tracks - Electronic Dance Music

• Information