Login frenzy and latest posts

List your suggestions here for the reasontalk.com website (not Reason feature requests)!
Forum rules
Keep in mind that this forum is for Reasontalk.com suggestions, and not for support on your Reason Studios software.
Gaja

08 Jul 2015

So upon Browsing the forum from my iPad I find I have to login each time I change subforums, which is a little annoying. Don't know why, but I just had to log in three times within the last ten minutes.

The other thing I really liked about the old Reason Talk forum, was that upon clicking on the thread title it would automatically find the first unread post and open there immediately. It was a huge convenience to not have to scroll and find the last post you read.
Is it possible to get tat feature back?

Thanks for your help!
Cheers!
Fredhoven

Kenni
Site Admin

08 Jul 2015

Hi Gaja,

Are you sure you're able to store cookies on your iPad? The "Remember me" function depends on that.

About navigating to the latest post: Yes, phpBB does it a bit differently. There's not much I can do about that, without changing the core software, which we decided was a no-no :P
Kenni Andruszkow
SoundCloud

Gaja

09 Jul 2015

Hi Kenni
Thanks for getting back to me.
Well there is an option to clear cookies, so I guess it does store cookies. Also it worked for the puf, did work for the old Reason talk and does work for other forums right now. But I don't think it has to do with the remember me function, as once you're logged in you can usually navigate around the site without having to log in after each thing you look at, even without remember me activated (at least this is exactly what I experienced on websites 100% so far).
Cheers!
Fredhoven

Kenni
Site Admin

09 Jul 2015

Well, we've changed cookie logics a few times after the switch.

Try this:

Click the "Delete all board cookies" in the lower right corner to get rid of all junk cookies you might have, and login again. See if it helps.
Kenni Andruszkow
SoundCloud

Gaja

09 Jul 2015

Ok so clearing Forum cookies seems to have helped. I just switched to anoter website, restarted the browser and came back here and was still logged in. Also I didn't notice being logged out while switching sub forums or threads, so for now I'd say the issue is solved. Should it occur again, I'll post here again.
Tanks again for your help!
Cheers!
Fredhoven

Gaja

09 Jul 2015

Ok that didn't last too long..,
I'm gonna get another Browser. Mercury sucks!
Cheers!
Fredhoven

Gaja

10 Jul 2015

So I tried dolphin and it is the same behaviour. I'll try Opera and Safari next, but I assume it is not so much dependant on the browser.
Cheers!
Fredhoven

ScuzzyEye

10 Jul 2015

Gaja wrote:So I tried dolphin and it is the same behaviour. I'll try Opera and Safari next, but I assume it is not so much dependant on the browser.
Just a shot in the dark. Is the date on your computer is set correctly?

Gaja

10 Jul 2015

My date is set correctly. Thanks for shooting, though :)
So I've just got logged out trying to submit a loong post, which was a quite frustrating experience. I had only just logged in, in order to post that, then was kicked out again.
I had to log in three times in the last ten minutes. Every other Forum works as expected, so I assume it's not something on my end (but that doesn't have to mean anything, as I'm not very tech savy).
Cheers!
Fredhoven

Gaja

13 Jul 2015

Just cleared Browser cookies and Board cookies again, got logged out three times in my seven minute stay.
Cheers!
Fredhoven

jfrichards

17 Jul 2015

Why do I get this message almost every time I try to log out?
Attachments
not logged out.png
not logged out.png (21.91 KiB) Viewed 2235 times

Gaja

04 Aug 2015

Hi everybody
Just wanted to ask if you guys think that there can be a solution for this issue? I just had to login three times just to get into the general forum, and once more to get into theos authorizer thread. When I went back to the general forum I had to log in again and then once more when I wanted to write about it here.

Edit: this issue has been spoiling my fun here since the big move. If I want to read all the interesting stuff it takes twice the time because I get logged out all the time. Are you still aware of this issue? Working on a solution?
Cheers!
Fredhoven

Kenni
Site Admin

04 Aug 2015

jfrichards wrote:Why do I get this message almost every time I try to log out?
Did you remember to "Delete all board cookies" in the lower right corner recently? This looks like your browser is reading old cookies.
Gaja wrote:Hi everybody
Just wanted to ask if you guys think that there can be a solution for this issue? I just had to login three times just to get into the general forum, and once more to get into theos authorizer thread. When I went back to the general forum I had to log in again and then once more when I wanted to write about it here.

Edit: this issue has been spoiling my fun here since the big move. If I want to read all the interesting stuff it takes twice the time because I get logged out all the time. Are you still aware of this issue? Working on a solution?
It's really hard to pinpoint what the problem is in your case - This issue seems to be very local, as you're the only one reporting it. I havent been logged out since July 4th on either of my devices, which includes 3 PC's, 1 phone and 1 tablet, all running different browsers.

Do you have anti-virus software installed? If yes, when was this installed?
Kenni Andruszkow
SoundCloud

Gaja

04 Aug 2015

I have no anti virus software installed. I checked my browser settings and found add blockers and ome other stuff. I deactivated them and will report back.
Cheers!
Fredhoven

Gaja

05 Aug 2015

Got logged out several times again.
Cheers!
Fredhoven

eusti

08 Dec 2015

Sorry to resurrect this thread, but I've tried to stay logged on with my iPhone recently as well...
And while ReasonTalk doesn't log me out every time I use a different subforum, it intermittently does...
Is there a way to fix that?

D.

Last Alternative

18 Jan 2016

On my iPhone6: I always click "remember me" and hide status, yet after about a day or 2 I have to login again. It also doesn't hide me. And it has nothing to do with my cookies because it happens whether I delete them and login or go weeks to months without deleting them. It's your mobile site.
Not a huge deal really since it only takes a second to login but there ya go since the topic was started.
https://lastalternative.bandcamp.com
:reason: 12.7.4 | MacBook Pro (16”, 2021), OS Sonoma, M1 Max, 4TB SSD, 64GB RAM | quality instruments & gear

Dave909

28 Feb 2016

I have the same problem. Sometimes it works and i can browse for a while before being logged out on my iphone. Clearing board cookies doesnt help. Tried it a bunch of times but the problem persists. Its only with Reasontalk and not any other pages im logged in like facebook and soundcloud so its not a problem with cookie storage i suppose.

ravisoni

10 Mar 2016

I've almost consistently found that when I log in from another device, it logs me out of my previously signed-in device.
:reason: Reason 12 | :re: Preset Browser | :refill: Refill Hoarder

• Information