Roland #909day 24-hour online streaming event

Want to talk about music hardware or software that doesn't include Reason?
O1B

08 Sep 2016

[PDT] 09.09 03:10 … what does that even mean? Probably Delayed 'til Tomorrow?

Let's do This.

O1B

09 Sep 2016

DJ-808 4-channel mixer/controller

Roland TR-S drum machine: Built-in Roland TR-S drum machine with 606, 707, 808, 909 kicks, snares, claps and hi-hats.
VT voice transformer: Built-in VT Voice Transformer with Pitch, Formant, Ducking, Reverb and Serato key matching.
High Quality Audio: 24bit/96kHz audio fidelity.
Ultra-high performance platters: Super low latency platters that come with integrated displays and playback status.

http://www.synthtopia.com/content/2016/ ... ontroller/

Gorgon

09 Sep 2016

"This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit."

O1B

09 Sep 2016

DJ-808. Yes. Yes. Yes

- 24/96 4 Stereo Audio In 2 Phono/4 Line Audio interface.
- Aira/MIDI/Serato DVS Intergration
- 6/7/8/909 OnBoard Kick Snare Hats Clap with Separate Faders
- Meters, On Board Fx, Pads, TEMPO Control, illuminated Platters, Knobs, (x)Faders, Sequencer (16 Patterns)...
- New EQ Curves - other than Pioneer/NI.... the MX-1 TN1 filter says Roland knows what they're doing

the new mini Pioneer Mixer is $700 (Dec16)... I was waiting on NI's S6x, but i have their EQ/F(X)
the DJ-808 ($800USD?) is it for me. .. that and the TR-09 ($300USD?)

O1B

09 Sep 2016

Thanks JL,

- new V-Drums TD-50! PD-140DX. glad i waited or Id be mad.
- SAX - AE-10. Done with three fingers. I want to learn the Sax.
- DJ Record Player… TT-99… or mixer DJ-99…but, ill be getting the
- DJ-808.
- Tr-09. ACB, notwithstanding.
- VP-03 seems interesting … versatile
- DK-01 dock(s) for the Boutiques (interested in the JX-03's Instrusynth ease…) or the Boo-2.

O1B

11 Sep 2016

Lord, the Prices@@@ Sheeesh!

TR-09… Gotta walk with Drums.. just gotta…. but WOW. They better sound Great and Last Long.
.. Vocoder $360. Eventually (I hope PluginPower = Line Level Sources, as well) Gotta git my Shannon: Give Me Tonight, on.

While I prefer Boutiques to Volca (who knows why), the prices give me a lil pause. But the Volca's seem toy-ish in style, sound, workflow (MIDI mishaps) compared to the JP-08.

The DJ-808 … $1500. …. It's missing the X1's TouchStrip and Loop/Move Knobs touches.
Instead it seems to follow the Pioneer Loop-by-Button workflow. But it's an innovative PRODUCTION DJ Board, IMO.
24bit/96Khz - no compromises there. MIDI Out, TR-Sounds, 4 - excuse me - 5, faders (SAMPLE/TR-S).

The new V-Drum snare only works with the TD-50 module. Thankfully, the TD-50 kit is the same price as the last one. ($4800)

Any Volca fans, please convert me so I can save $400-160=$240 BUCKS!

How does the Volca Beats Experience Compare to the Specs of the TR-09? Synths?
Just watched the Volca FM vids. ordering.

CharlyCharlzz

13 Sep 2016

me and my friends buyed a tr-8 and tb-3 to a friend 3 months ago , I can't buy these for myself so now it's even worst LOL
I want all Aira Products and all boutique products I feel damned ....
I got 4 volca's , a vt-3 aira and a Lewit mic , two Pocket operators , a minibrute and a sh-201 .....
I feel like I only got cheap stuff even if the Sh-201 is more or less the father of aira and boutique .
My Minibrute I find amazing and I am in Love with it and my volcas :)
I need Gear now LOL screw you Money !!!!!
It does not die , it multiplies !

7.101 and I will upgrade maybe this summer .

O1B

14 Sep 2016

You do have quite the kit, all chained together, CC. I forgot about those pocket operators… reviews seem good.
And the VolcaFM sounds Great, and will be Great for Generating Arps.

Some choose Volca. Some choose Boutinque. Either way, they're the Gadgets I've always wanted.
I ordered the VolcaFM, but the Boutique kit is all me.

Happy TR-909!

People always sayin' what the Hell does that mean…? Fresh!

dioxide

14 Sep 2016

I'm not sure how it all fits together but note that the new Serato version will have Link integration so you should be able to get very tight sync between this and Reason. Depending on how the MIDI or Aira link works with this you might also be able to get very good sync with hardware, which is more difficult than you would think right now.

O1B

24 Sep 2016

Change of Heart. The Volca Line is pretty sick! and quick! with a few tricks of its own.

I all in with AIRA. The boutiques have me sold as well (although that new microKORG may beat out the VP-03 for $100 more)
But the Volcas are BRiliant: Portable, Self-Contained, Linkable, Sound Quality, Tweakability, Patchability, Recall.
After trying the Volca FM (wow!) the Beats (808 snare, non-chainable patterns, notwithstanding) and the Sampler were no brainers. (Kick? Maybe) - Even the MONOTRON DUO and DELAY are winners when it comes to sound ideas.

4 Volcas. At $150 a pop, have FUN. the MiniB and a SH-101? You have the real deal, dude. Now, get to making music!
The truth is, after hardware, id have a hard time buying any more Soft Synths.
Reason Synthmakers still have my attention, though: JP, Synapse, Propellerhead, Pappen, Korg, Red Rock Sound, others!
CharlyCharlzz wrote:me and my friends buyed a tr-8 and tb-3 to a friend 3 months ago , I can't buy these for myself so now it's even worst LOL
I want all Aira Products and all boutique products I feel damned ....
I got 4 volca's , a vt-3 aira and a Lewit mic , two Pocket operators , a minibrute and a sh-201 .....
I feel like I only got cheap stuff even if the Sh-201 is more or less the father of aira and boutique .
My Minibrute I find amazing and I am in Love with it and my volcas :)
I need Gear now LOL screw you Money !!!!!
- 2nd thought…. 1. VBeats Sounds to Disk, to 2. copy to the Volca Sampler…so I can 3. REturn Beats… & 4. Prepare for TR-09.

O1B

03 Oct 2016

The Roland TR-09 and TB-03 have shipped!! Really a Dream come True. …
Keeping the Volca Sampler, FM Synth, and Ordering the Kick.
(Beats+Keys+Bass = Minilogue - or a step closer to the Prophet6 Module.)

Im fairly alarmed here….

O1B

14 Oct 2016

Cases for Boutiques com in soon…
https://www.roland.com/us/products/cb-brb1/
CB-BRB1 Black Series Instrument Bag

• Information