FL Studio 12.3 Update !

Want to talk about music hardware or software that doesn't include Reason?
boobytrap

08 Aug 2016

Reason 8 + Rack Extensions

FL Studio - Bitwig - Renoise - Massive - Zebra2 - Hive - Cyclop - Ozone 6

boobytrap

08 Aug 2016

u n b e l I e v a b l e !

Vince-Noir-99

08 Aug 2016

These guys are TOP :thumbs_up: :thumbs_up: :thumbs_up:

submonsterz

08 Aug 2016

As allways making moves in better directions .
Great free update .
The value of the full package allways shows no limits on updates and pluggs.
Funny they can keep doing all this for free on updates seeming as people say its so pirated makes you wonder
On how many people have bought it to give so much every time . Just wouldnt be possible or still be in buisiness if its a toy and mostly pirated comments were for real.
Fl has been a quality product for a long while and now an even more quality product with another super update .

Gulale

08 Aug 2016

In Reason world that simply will cost you two upgrade price. Congrats FL users! Did I say two? I mean 4
Gulale aka Bereket

submonsterz

08 Aug 2016

Gulale wrote:In Reason world that simply will cost you two upgrade price. Congrats FL users! Did I say two? I mean 4
Lol i was going to up your quote but you fixed it to around the figure i was going to mention lol :)

craven

08 Aug 2016

looks like a great update indeed. I would love to have a native Propellerhead app for phone and tablet to control reason and also to link Figure with MIDI data and separate tracks with Reason.
:ugeek:

Creativemind

08 Aug 2016

FL Studio 12.3 (not that I've tried it but 12.2 I have) is a beast.

It's so intuitive and easy to use. Pretty much the most feature rich daw. I can only name 16 features it doesn't have. 17 if you include manual parameter inputs. Someone let me know if FL can do this or not, don't think so. Another is something I've messaged the Props about before and not sure if any daw can do this but...Audio Activated Tap Tempo I call it. The ability to find the bpm you desire through a microphone via audio. It shouldn't be too hard, it would just look for the transients. You could almost call it 'Clap Tempo' lol! If anyone could tell me if any daw can do this I'd be interested to know.

I'm sure a lot on my list will be sorted in another point update and/or in 13 when it's released.

You can't beat lifetime free updates as well. I personally think the updates should be 'pay what you want' with no price being an option. At least then, people with a lot of money can give them something and at least they'd make something for their efforts.
Last edited by Creativemind on 08 Aug 2016, edited 4 times in total.
:reason:

Reason Studio's 11.3 / Cockos Reaper 6.82 / Cakewalk By Bandlab / Orion 8.6
http://soundcloud.com/creativemind75/iv ... soul-mix-3

boobytrap

08 Aug 2016

Gulale wrote:In Reason world that simply will cost you two upgrade price. Congrats FL users! Did I say two? I mean 4
+ 4 dramatic videos on YouTube !

jonheal

08 Aug 2016

Image-Line is very generous with the lifetime free updates for a modest cost. But to be fair in comparing apples to apples, FL Studio is pretty stripped down on its own. Most of the real goodies, you have to buy additionally. I think you can probably do a lot more with Reason out-of-the-box than FL Studio out-of-the-box.

But I don't want to diminish their offerings. It's pretty amazing what are apparently just a few people at Image-Line, can crank out.
Jon Heal:reason: :re: :refill:Do not click this link!

gak

08 Aug 2016

I don't agree about intuitive or easy to use. For me it's like learning a brand new language.

But it's super feature-rich. I've always liked the look of FL, this is even better.

mreese80

08 Aug 2016

They stepped it up in FL Studio 12.3. I have it but i never make beats with it. It's always amazed how they were always ahead and advanced with the features. I personally never liked the sound quality of Fl Studio. This update is great, i can't lie.
Reason 10.4 :refill: :re: :ignition: | :recycle: 2.2.4 | Ableton Live Suite 10.1| MPC Software 1.9.6 | Photoshop CC 2019 | Novation Impulse 49 | Nektar Impact LX 49

boobytrap

08 Aug 2016

mreese80 wrote:I personally never liked the sound quality of Fl Studio.
I have 5 DAWs but fl studio sounds very deferent. I mean not bad. but FL studio bass sounds are very hi end. none like any other DAW's.. check harmor vs thor saw wave C2. its clearly rich bass in FL

joeyluck

08 Aug 2016

"We've also added a few more keyboard view options, as we're often pestered about the look of the keys interfering with creative workflow...yes really."

:lol:

boobytrap

08 Aug 2016

joeyluck wrote:"We've also added a few more keyboard view options, as we're often pestered about the look of the keys interfering with creative workflow...yes really."

what is that about ?

Creativemind

08 Aug 2016

mreese80 wrote:They stepped it up in FL Studio 12.3. I have it but i never make beats with it. It's always amazed how they were always ahead and advanced with the features. I personally never liked the sound quality of Fl Studio. This update is great, i can't lie.
Yes. It's very good.

What is it about the sound you don't like?

joeyluck

08 Aug 2016

boobytrap wrote:
joeyluck wrote:"We've also added a few more keyboard view options, as we're often pestered about the look of the keys interfering with creative workflow...yes really."

what is that about ?
@3:48. I just like the attitude of the guy giving the demonstration. "...Yes really." Nice to know that us Reason users aren't the only ones who beg for such simplistic things; making arguments in the case for "creative workflow " haha

gak

08 Aug 2016

But they only have 4 options for the keys in the PR. :roll: They could at least add some color options and model some real pianos :roll:

:mrgreen:

Creativemind

08 Aug 2016

jonheal wrote:Image-Line is very generous with the lifetime free updates for a modest cost. But to be fair in comparing apples to apples, FL Studio is pretty stripped down on its own. Most of the real goodies, you have to buy additionally. I think you can probably do a lot more with Reason out-of-the-box than FL Studio out-of-the-box.

But I don't want to diminish their offerings. It's pretty amazing what are apparently just a few people at Image-Line, can crank out.
Think it depends which bundle you buy...Producer Addition, Signature Addition or All Plug-Ins Bundle. The middle one is pretty extensive, only a few things missing and still has the Video Player which I was happy about.

Also, anyone who says it's difficult to understand, I get that. It is to a degree (at first) but once you wrap your head around it, it's really easy I think. Everything is just there, it's really intuitive. Like instead of having to press anything for on screen piano keys, it just works. Right click the bpm number and you get a list of quick go to bpm's 80-160 to quickly select and the midi editing is so advanced and quick. I haven't remembered half the keyboard shortcuts yet but if I did, it'd be so quick I reckon. It's quick enough without any.

As for it sounding different, I've just done a sample rate comparison between Reason 8.3 and FL Studio 12 (check the pics) on the Infinite Wave website. Not entirely sure what this is saying, only Reason is seeming a tad cleaner if you look at what's displayed.
Attachments
SRC Comparison Sine Wave Sweep.PNG
SRC Comparison Sine Wave Sweep.PNG (291 KiB) Viewed 2300 times
Last edited by Creativemind on 09 Aug 2016, edited 1 time in total.

Creativemind

08 Aug 2016

joeyluck wrote:
boobytrap wrote:

what is that about ?
@3:48. I just like the attitude of the guy giving the demonstration. "...Yes really." Nice to know that us Reason users aren't the only ones who beg for such simplistic things; making arguments in the case for "creative workflow " haha
What that is Joey...I think...this is that you can change the look of the piano in the piano roll. Saw it on a video, there's 4 different looks you can have on it - Classic, Modern, Flat and List. It's at 3m50 in the vid above.

I think the Reason piano in the midi editor could do with improvement myself. All of the keys aren't even equal sizes. Check out my pic attachment. See how all the keys in between the black notes are fatter. Anyone else noticed this? but the lane in the midi editor isn't thicker where the thicker keys are. I checked out FL Studio and some vst's and not the case with fatter keys on a single one lol!

I'd also like there to be note displays behind the keys that highlight or light when you press the corresponding key/s on your midi controller, I would also like (just a gimmick) the keys to depress on the midi editor piano in correspondence with your midi controller key/s and also it put like a shade row across the midi editor lane in correspondence with your midi controller key/s that you press, so you can see what key you're pressing visually in the midi editor.
Attachments
Midi Editor Piano.jpg
Midi Editor Piano.jpg (27.64 KiB) Viewed 2298 times
Last edited by Creativemind on 08 Aug 2016, edited 2 times in total.

boobytrap

08 Aug 2016

[quote="boobytrap"][PH demonstrations are very cinematic.[/attachment]

Many of the amazing videos Ryan makes certainly are. But did you not tune in for the live streams? Those were very informal and interactive demonstrations.

But that wasn't the point I was making. I just liked the way he responded to the feature request... 'Yeah, some people actually argued for this feature by saying this...but whatever here it is!' I wouldn't mind Propellerhead poking more fun at us.
Attachments
q.png
q.png (25.39 KiB) Viewed 2298 times

Creativemind

08 Aug 2016

[quote="boobytrap
but FL got super fastest workflow among all DAW. I don't wanna repeat that. they are way ahead with features. and they are still filling missing features even if its small. let me show you the comment of the century !
found on there you tube inrto !][/quote]

Think that's why it keeps topping the Music Radar Top 20 DAW list every year, or has done past 2 or 3 years anyway.

joeyluck

08 Aug 2016

Creativemind wrote:
joeyluck wrote:
boobytrap wrote:

what is that about ?
I think the Reason piano in the midi editor could do with improvement myself. All of the keys aren't even equal sizes. Check out my pic attachment. See how all the keys in between the black notes are fatter. Anyone else noticed this? but the lane in the midi editor isn't thicker where the thicker keys are. I checked out FL Studio and some vst's and not the case with fatter keys on a single one lol!
I believe this is done so that the lines from the black keys (the lines in between the white keys) hit center of their corresponding lanes.
The space between keys at the top of the keys is equal. And if you were to extend the black keys, you'll see that everything lines up directly with it's lane.
piano-roll.jpg
piano-roll.jpg (28.28 KiB) Viewed 2281 times
Matter of fact... you can see this same sizing scheme when in 'classic' view on FL Studio
FL-piano.jpg
FL-piano.jpg (17.5 KiB) Viewed 2274 times

boobytrap

08 Aug 2016

Creativemind wrote: All of the keys aren't even equal sizes. Check out my pic attachment..
Do you mean like this after zoom ?
Midi.jpg
Midi.jpg (34.99 KiB) Viewed 2273 times

joeyluck

08 Aug 2016

boobytrap wrote:
Creativemind wrote: All of the keys aren't even equal sizes. Check out my pic attachment..
Do you mean like this after zoom ?
Explained above ;)

But if it's easier for you to see in this orientation, doesn't matter how much you zoom...
Midi.jpg
Midi.jpg (48.26 KiB) Viewed 2267 times
Also see the picture also of FL Studio's 'classic' view
Oh no, FL Studio, fix the classic view too! :lol:

That's after you adjust the contrast. Because in their classic view it's hard to see separation between white keys.

So maybe folks can just request a flat or list view for the Reason piano roll? It isn't broken. Call it classic view. You just have to extend the black keys for the other options...

• Information