Not even BF yet and I'm done

This forum is for anything not Reason related, if you just want to talk about other stuff. Please keep it friendly!
MrFigg
Competition Winner

21 Nov 2023

Haven't even got to the big day and I'm done. Here's what I got...

Arturia V Collection 9 €99
Melda Complete Bundle €10
Klevgrand STARK $20

Feel free to post when you are done :).
Now it's just to wait for BF 2024
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

jam-s

21 Nov 2023

MrFigg wrote:
21 Nov 2023
:shock: Where'd you find that?

MrFigg
Competition Winner

21 Nov 2023

jam-s wrote:
21 Nov 2023
MrFigg wrote:
21 Nov 2023
:shock: Where'd you find that?
I submitted a whole load of guitar tracks here and built up credits:

https://meldaproduction.com/guitararchi ... uitar_link

Then with some strategic bundle buying together with the plugins I already had I managed to reduce the price of the everything bundle to a tenner.

Not too late to buy and learn guitar and do the same :)

1,2,3 and....go!!!!
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

jam-s

21 Nov 2023

Hmm, well played. :clap:

rorystorm

21 Nov 2023

Black Friday sales started here a couple of weeks ago, I dont even really know what it is? Something to do with American Thanksgiving? Anyway my local gear shop had a massive sale on arturia stuff so I got a drumbrute impact, a minibrute 2s (thd one with the sequencer not the keyboard) and a microfreak. They're all really really good, the minibrute especially. Wonderful filter. Now I just have to write some damn music.

MrFigg
Competition Winner

21 Nov 2023

Njä...thought I was done but I just bought Klevgrand Pipa with some virtual cash on PB and got Tracktion Dawesome Love for free. Both great :)
Now I'm done.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

Popey
Competition Winner

21 Nov 2023

MrFigg wrote:
21 Nov 2023
Njä...thought I was done but I just bought Klevgrand Pipa with some virtual cash on PB and got Tracktion Dawesome Love for free. Both great :)
Now I'm done.
They are giving dawesome love away for free!!!!

I swear it feels like only a short time since it was released.

I would definitely recommend people pick it up and install it even if they have to find a cheap soundpack or similar.

MrFigg
Competition Winner

21 Nov 2023

Popey wrote:
21 Nov 2023
MrFigg wrote:
21 Nov 2023
Now I'm done.

I would definitely recommend people pick it up and install it even if they have to find a cheap soundpack or similar.
Just remember it’s better to buy something for a tenner that you’ll use than something for a fiver that you won’t.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

Popey
Competition Winner

21 Nov 2023

MrFigg wrote:
21 Nov 2023
Popey wrote:
21 Nov 2023

Just remember it’s better to buy something for a tenner that you’ll use than something for a fiver that you won’t.
Yeah true that.

I already have dawesome love and why I was recommending it. It has its quirks but is a great effect.

selig
RE Developer

21 Nov 2023

rorystorm wrote:
21 Nov 2023
Black Friday sales started here a couple of weeks ago, I dont even really know what it is? Something to do with American Thanksgiving? Anyway my local gear shop had a massive sale on arturia stuff so I got a drumbrute impact, a minibrute 2s (thd one with the sequencer not the keyboard) and a microfreak. They're all really really good, the minibrute especially. Wonderful filter. Now I just have to write some damn music.
Welcome to the wonderful world of MiniBrute. That sequencer does things no other sequencer does - I rarely use it for traditional sequencing, there are so many other cool thing it can do with The Mod 1 and Mod 2 'tracks. This includes "sequencing" LFOs and Envelopes, essential giving you two tempo synced and automate-able LFOs (program sync or free rate, and depth per step), or two AD envelopes (or one of each). Plus more cool things that expand the instrument greatly IMO. Love the filter, it's like my first ever synth the Steiner-Parker Synthacon.

I just upgraded to the Arturia V collection 9 and FX , thanks for the heads up Mr. Figg!
Selig Audio, LLC

rorystorm

21 Nov 2023

selig wrote:
21 Nov 2023
rorystorm wrote:
21 Nov 2023
Welcome to the wonderful world of MiniBrute. That sequencer does things no other sequencer does - I rarely use it for traditional sequencing, there are so many other cool thing it can do with The Mod 1 and Mod 2 'tracks. This includes "sequencing" LFOs and Envelopes, essential giving you two tempo synced and automate-able LFOs (program sync or free rate, and depth per step), or two AD envelopes (or one of each). Plus more cool things that expand the instrument greatly IMO. Love the filter, it's like my first ever synth the Steiner-Parker Synthacon.

I just upgraded to the Arturia V collection 9 and FX , thanks for the heads up Mr. Figg!
Yeah, I only got it yesterday so haven't really had a chance to properly play with it yet but it's super deep. The sequencer looks amazing which is why I got it over the keyboard version. It's going to take me a wee while to really get my head around all its nuances but I'm really looking forward to what I'll end up doing with it. The waveform modulators are superb.

One thing I noticed with both the minibrute and the drumbrute sequencers is that you actually have to select them in the clock output in Reason's preferences to sync them up. it's weird, the other hardware with sequencers that I have don't seem to need that.

Did spend last night fiddling with the drumbrute which is a bit more straight forward. it has a really limited palette but the sounds it does make are fantastic, particularly the kick. It also has an onboard sequencer but, I dunno, for some reason I wasn't really very happy with anything I didin it, the stuff I was writing in Reason's sequencer and sending to the drumbrute was just better. Probably just need more practice.....

In other black friday news I need some new sheets so off to Kmart for me in the weekend.

moneykube

25 Nov 2023

GAS... I spent too much on many racks, and some NI Kontakt instruments.The sale prices were too good to pass up.... Good stuff imo .... so "hopefully" I'm done for a long while... But now I am off to download the new Portatron 1.4 update and check a few of the new packs out "also on sale"... so we will see. :? :thumbs_up:
I have all the racks I'll ever need... lol... I checked Companion and freaked out. :shock:
485 racks. Yikes ... Should take about 10 lifetimes to learn imo.With the racks I have purchased or acquired and the devices that come with Reason >>> I have 543 total. AAAAK :oops: :re:
https://soundcloud.com/moneykube-qube/s ... d-playlist
Proud Member Of The Awesome League Of Perpetuals

DaveyG

26 Nov 2023

In the end my only BF purchase was a hoover. It's probably not going to make it into many songs. It lacks a MIDI port and desperately needs a tone control to tame that high-pitched whine.

On the upside it makes a decent air guitar and is good for getting rid of cats.

MrFigg
Competition Winner

26 Nov 2023

DaveyG wrote:
26 Nov 2023
In the end my only BF purchase was a hoover. It's probably not going to make it into many songs. It lacks a MIDI port and desperately needs a tone control to tame that high-pitched whine.

On the upside it makes a decent air guitar and is good for getting rid of cats.
My cats upturned one of my speakers last week resulting in 3 holes in the wall and one in the floor. Today they felled a pile of cds from a high shelf whilst trying to catch a bit of an aloe vera plant which was innocently hanging just a little out of reach. Hoover is coming out.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

moneykube

26 Nov 2023

ok done now... bought an interesting portapack > Colors vol 02 from Robot Bean... played with it a bit last night... seems pretty good.
Good luck with your Hoover Mr. Figg :thumbs_up:
https://soundcloud.com/moneykube-qube/s ... d-playlist
Proud Member Of The Awesome League Of Perpetuals

• Information