A Little Graphic Design Project

This forum is for anything not Reason related, if you just want to talk about other stuff. Please keep it friendly!
jonheal

19 Jun 2016

I am much better at arranging the keyboard controllers and speakers and whatnot on my desk than I am at using Reason to make actual music-like stuff. Another device I positioned "just right" on my desk is the Behringer BCR2000 I purchased a while back. I like this device a lot. Again, I haven't used it much for much actual music-like making, but I think if I were to use it more, it would come in very handy because of its basically limitless remote mapping capabilities.

A teeny problem with it: How can someone of limited intellectual capacity such as myself possibly remember the BCR2000 knob and button mappings of a bunch of different Reason devices and Rack Extensions? Tape labels on the BCR2000? Fine for controlling one device, but what if I want to control several devices at once with it? "Cheat sheets!" I says to myself. "That's the answer!"

So over the last few weeks, I have spent an inordinate amount of my free and not-so-free time to come up with a stack of cheat sheets for the devices and Rack Extensions which I think I would use most — were I to actually use them. And being the OCD whacko I am, I went way overboard with the graphic design aspect of the project. My goal with each device was to map every available map-able control to a knob or button on the BCR2000. In the case of Reason devices, not all map-able controls are always pre-mapped, so I edited even the existing Reason device maps to include everything possible and sometimes moved stuff to different knobs or buttons in a way that made more sense to me.

I printed all these babies out and keep them in a binder.

Anyway, if you want to take a look at this exercise in compulsion, here is a link to the PDF in its current incarnation:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/xslhosg9sn69e ... s.pdf?dl=1
Jon Heal:reason: :re: :refill:Do not click this link!

RogerSmith

01 Jul 2016

They look amazing, thank you for sharing man, very good job you done here!

Catblack

11 Jul 2016

Thanks for this, it will come in handy!
If you ain't hip to the rare Housequake, shut up already.

Damn.

• Information